the semifinals, its | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
jokergreen
jokergreen Dec 4
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. John Tavares Jersey . - Manny Ramirez is in the Denver Broncos long-term plans, less than a week after making his first career start at centre. The Broncos announced Wednesday night they had signed Ramirez to a two-year contract extension through 2015. The seventh-year pro played in a career-best 15 games last season, including 11 starts at right guard before sliding over to centre this off-season when J.D. Walton had a setback in his recovery from ankle surgery. Dan Koppen, last years starter, blew out a knee when training camp began and Ramirez fended off challenges from Ryan Lilja and Steve Vallos. Longtime guard Chris Kuper, coming back from a second surgery on his left ankle, which was broken in the 2011 season finale, also tried his hand at centre this summer, but he hasnt snapped the ball in a game since his junior year at North Dakota in 2004. Coach John Fox on Monday praised Ramirezs play in Denvers 49-27 win over Baltimore last week in which Peyton Manning threw an NFL record-tying seven touchdown passes. "As Ive said many times, I dont know if people believed me, but Manny Ramirez is our starting centre and he was since last off-season. I thought he performed well," Fox said earlier this week. "That was a very formidable front that we played against. I havent seen everybody, but theyre in the top-5 in the league. Theyve got more than one deep. I thought, all-in-all, was it perfect? No. But for a first outing, I thought our offensive line matched up very well." Pat LaFontaine Jersey . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. Denis Potvin Jersey . RAPTORS STRUGGLING: The bottom line is the true test in sports isnt just how you handle failure, but how you handle success.DOHA, Qatar -- Top-seeded Rafael Nadal was the only seed remaining at the Qatar Open after he beat seventh-seeded Ernests Gulbis 7-5, 6-4 in the quarterfinals on Thursday. Nadal is often tested by the 24th-ranked Gulbis but has yet to lose a match to the Latvian in seven played. This match, which was delayed for two hours by rain, marked only the second time Nadal has beaten Gulbis in straight sets. The other time was also in Doha, in the 2011 quarterfinals. Nadal is set to play German qualifier Peter Gojowczyk. The 162nd-ranked Gojowczyk defeated fellow German qualifier Dustin Brown 6-3, 3-6, 7-6 (5) to reach his first career tour semifinal. The other semi will pit Florian Mayer of Germany against Gael Monfils of France. Mayer defeated Victor Hanescu of Romania 6-4, 6-7 (8), 6-4, and Monfils took out Daniel Brands of Germany 6-2, 6-1. Nadal finally broke Gulbis in the 11th game when the latter sent a drop shot wide. Nadal needed five set points to close ouut the first set in the next game. Thomas Greiss Jersey. Gulbis raced to 3-0 in the second set but couldnt hold on to the advantage. He had three points for 4-1 but ended up losing serve. Nadal broke with a stunning backhand cross-court that creased the line in the seventh game to take a permanent lead. He closed the match with a breathtaking backhand volley winner. "Im happy to win against Ernests," Nadal said. "If you are not playing well its very, very difficult. Hes able to hit winners from every part on the court." Before this week, Gojowczyk had only one ATP tour-level match win, at the 2013 U.S. Open. Gojowczyk was serving for the match against Brown at 5-3, 40-30 in the third set but netted a forehand to drop his serve. From 5-5 in the tiebreaker, Gojowczyk won the final two points. "Im so happy to be in the semifinals, its an unbelievably good feeling," Gojowczyk said. "2014 is beginning great for me." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '