compete," Walia sa | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
jokergreen
jokergreen Jan 12
Toronto, ON (SportsNetwork. Paul Richardson Jersey .com) - James van Riemsdyk finished with a goal and an assist to lead the Toronto Maple Leafs to a 4-1 victory over the Calgary Flames on Tuesday. Peter Holland, Phil Kessel and Mike Santorelli also scored and Dion Phaneuf and Nazem Kadri each supplied two assists for Toronto, which has won four of its last five games. Jonathan Bernier made 31 saves in his ninth consecutive start. Hes been phenomenal for us all year, especially lately, van Riemsdyk said of Bernier. All you can ask your goalie is to give you a chance to win every night, and hes done that and more every game. Markus Granlund potted Calgarys lone goal and Jonas Hiller stopped 25 shots in defeat. We just stopped skating and applying pressure on their defensemen, Flames head coach Bob Hartley said. We were a couple of steps behind them. After Johnny Gaudreau made a gorgeous deke around a defender and was stopped by Bernier, Toronto embarked on the counter-attack. David Clarkson tipped Joffrey Lupuls pass in tight and Holland was there to tap the puck past Hiller for the games first goal midway through the opening stanza. Toronto cashed in on the power play as van Riemsdyk was parked in front of Hiller and redirected Kadris dish from the right circle into the back of the net for a 2-0 game 2:51 into the second period. Granlund crashed the net and wristed a shot past Bernier on the power play for Calgarys only goal 3:48 into the final frame. The Flames pressured with their netminder pulled, but Kessel and Santorelli both scored empty-net goals with under a minute to play to seal the win. Game Notes Calgary forward Mason Raymond, who played for Toronto last season, fired three shots on net in his return to the lineup after missing 18 games with a shoulder injury ... The Maple Leafs improved to 12-0-0 when scoring first ... The two teams will conclude the season series in Calgary on March 13. Russell Wilson Jersey . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. Jarran Reed Jersey .C. -- Ryan Sproul scored the winner late in double overtime to lift the Grand Rapids Griffins to a 2-1 win over the Abbotsford Heat on Friday in Game 1 of their American Hockey League playoff series.SAINT JOHN, N.B. - Less than a year out from the Sochi Olympics, Patrick Chan traded picturesque Colorado for downtrodden Detroit. But according to the three-time world champion from Toronto, happiness isnt about where he is, but who hes with, and he believes his move to the Motor City will help propel him to Olympic gold in Sochi. "Honestly the mountains and high altitude air gets old very quickly," Chan said Thursday, on the eve of Skate Canada International. "Nature is beautiful, but no mountains or snow is going to make you happy when youre just not in a good environment." The 22-year-old moved from Colorado Springs last spring, just a couple of weeks before winning his third consecutive world title in London, Ont. The training environment in Colorado had grown chilly, he said. "I dont think I was surrounded by friends where I could feel I had camaraderie, and thats what I found in Michigan," Chan said. Chan has found a home in whats become a hotbed for figure skating, and where he trains alongside fellow Canadians Elladj Balde, Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje, and American Jeremy Abbott. Detroit also filed for bankruptcy protection in July in the largest municipal filing in U.S. history. "Honestly, sure the first thing people say about Detroit is how theyre bankrupt and its run down. But honestly its growing, its making a reversal," Chan said. "I go out every weekend with friends, we go to really great restaurants, its not like its Armageddon. Its not like its wasteland, its still a really nice place, its culturally abundant and a place Im really happy to be at." Chan makes his season debut at Skate Canada, and is hoping to rediscover the confidence he had three seasons ago when he set three world scoring records in winning his first world title in Moscow. He spent a good chunk of his off-season looking back at his most successful skates, and conjured Detroit Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander, who was asked after a win: "How did you know you were going to win?" "And he was like, Well the minute I stepped on the mound, I knew I was going to win. I noticed thaat when I won my first world championship, the minute I stepped on the ice, I knew I was going to win. Michael Wilhoite Jersey. There was no question, there was no doubt, there was no worry. I was just there to do my job, I was kind of like a robot." He hasnt added any new elements to his programs this season, and said his No. 1 focus will be "landing on my feet." "(I have) a new long program but Im not trying any new jumps or anything, because I believe I have all the elements I need. I still havent skated a competition yet where Ive done both a great clean short program and a clean long program. "I have all the elements, so its just putting them all together with the beautiful transitions that I have and then landing the jumps. All of that together I think is an unbeatable program." Olympic ice dance champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir will debut their new short and free dance programs for a Canadian audience in whats expected to be their final season competing. Canadians Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford, who won bronze at last springs world championships, will be favourites in pairs. Kaitlyn Osmond, a 17-year-old from Marystown, N.L., is the defending Skate Canada womens singles champion, but was sidelined last month with a stress reaction — a precursor to a stress fracture — on the top of her left foot, and wasnt sure until last week whether shed compete here. "Back in the month of September, I was nervous," Osmond said. "I wasnt skating, I was in a walking cast, and the thought of coming back and being ready in less than a month was something that did really cause me a lot of nerves before I got back on the ice." Osmond has altered her programs, removing a couple of the jumps that were causing her pain. Her coach Ravi Walia said Osmond was iffy for Skate Canada until last week. "I saw her do a run-through last week and thought, OK, shell be able to do enough to compete," Walia said. "Shes not at 100 per cent for sure. The muscle memory isnt there, some of the detail. . . but she will get better with each event, and that is the goal." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '